Store manager job
The Retail Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the store, onsite at an exhibition.
He or she will open and close the store, manage scheduling and daily retail operations, ensure the retail team delivers top-flight customer service to all visitors, and prepare daily sales and activity reports for circulation to Head Office.
The ideal candidate has a post high school education, proven experience in retail store operations, strong leadership skills, excellent computer knowledge, the physical ability to perform this job, and knows how to “listen and lead.” He or she must have a dynamic personality and must be able to motivate a team.
Store Manager job
- Reporting into Retail Management team via daily emailing, weekly video calls.
- Provide excellent customer service skills, great selling skills and show motivation to succeed
- Confidently liaising with venue and on-site contacts
- Carry out end of day reporting routine and responsible for cash handling
- Responsible for cash banking
- Perform cashier duties – handling cash, checks and credit card transactions – at a fast pace while maintaining accuracy
- Manage staff scheduling – shifts and break times – and overseeing payroll with Retail Management team
- Train new team members as required
- Delegating staff roles and assigning shop floor positions to maximise team skills. Promote a strong sense of teamwork.
- Work closely with the sales staff and supervisors to maintain the sales area, both merchandise and the physical space.
- Ensure staff uniforms and presentation are up to standard
- Inventory site management. Ensuring product in store and storage is well maintained and accounted for correctly with cycle stocktakes
- Troubleshoot any connection issues, or POS issues with remote assistance
- Executes corporate directed price changes and markdowns
- Minimum 3+ years retail management experience
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, weekends and evenings
- Knowledge and experience of POS systems
- Must be able to perform all retail floor functions.
- Must be physcially fit, stock/retrieve merchandise, lift/push/pull 10-15 kilos and unload shipments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, effective communication with all management and staff.
- Willing to work in and promote a team oriented environment, show a positive attitude & take responsibility for own actions
- Computer literacy and confidence, particularly with Excel
- Strong eye for detail and numbers
Right to Work
The above position is open only to applicants who have a current right to work in Australia. Applicants who do not have a current right to work In Australia will unfortunately not be considered and are respectfully asked not to apply.
Superior People Recruitment are a leading Melbourne Employment Agency.
For more updates stay with boardofjobs.com