Canam Group specializes in designing and fabricating metal components for the North American construction industry. The Company is active in the sectors of buildings and infrastructure. Canam Group operates 12 plants in Canada and the United States, as well as engineering offices in Canada, Romania, India and the Philippines, and has over 3,500 employees.
Duties for this position will include, but not limit to, the following:
- Complete trips and/or deliveries in a safe and timely manner.
- Follow dispatch instructions and communicate delays, arrivals or equipment issues as required.
- Demonstrate good customer service with external clientele and erectors.
- Verify and complete required documentation, e-logs and reports.
- Conduct daily pre-trip safety inspections on equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Practice good housekeeping, including 5S and time management in the performance of daily duties.
- Comply with all legislated and company health, safety, environmental, quality, and Lean policies, procedures and programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Position requires full class A truck license (AZ driver’s license),
- Clean driver’s abstract and CVOR.
- Experience in flatbed chaining of steel products and cargo securement law.
- Ability to haul oversized/over-length loads of approximately 100 feet is required.
- Ability to communicate, read and write in English is a must and willingness to engage in training as required.
- Physical ability to routinely lift up to 50 lbs is also required.
- A Canadian company in business for over 60 years!
- Pay range $27.81 to $29.38 (based on experience)
- Company-paid benefits with some (medical and life insurance) starting upon hire and others post-probation.
- Profit-sharing bonuses.
- Company-contributed pension plan.
- Vacation, other bonuses negotiated through the Collective Agreement with LIUNA Local 183.
- Excellent growth opportunities for employees willing to learn and perform.
Canam Group Inc. appreciates your interest in this position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canam Group Inc. is committed to providing employment accommodation. If you require accommodation to apply, or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) needed.