Street Sweeper Driver
We are looking for Street Sweeper Driver
- Permanent full-time position available NOW!
- Medium-rigid street sweeper role, contributing to a quality environment for our community
- $57,463.58 – $67,346.15 + Super + RDO + Allowances + Shift Penalty + Annual award rate increase
- Shift 10am – 6pm, Tuesday to Saturday. Shift penalty for weekend work.
The Burwood Council area is a hub of Inner West Sydney and is identified as a Strategic Centre by the NSW State Government. It is a cosmopolitan destination with a thriving business and retail centre with a strong and vibrant future. Our progressive community enjoys well designed public spaces, inclusive cultural events, intriguing laneways with impressive public art and an enviable restaurant and café scene. At Burwood our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Community Strategic Plan 2036.
Read on further if you would like to join us
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:-
- Efficiently, effectively and safely operate a truck-mounted MR street sweeper vehicle, ensuring swept streets, kerbs, gutters, car parks and other areas are clear of debris, leaf and general litter.
- Minimise wear and tear on equipment such as brushes, and being aware of surroundings and minimising risk to other people, property and vehicles at all times.
- Maintain vehicle, including pre-start checks, cleaning, greasing, checking oil and water.
- As required and direted, assist team with other general rubbish collection duties such as general roadside litter and illegal dumping removal or service of drainage pits via street sweeper vacuum attachment.
To be successful in this role you will have:-
- Class MR – Medium Rigid driver’s licence
- Capacity to work 10am to 6pm and Saturdays
- Experience driving medium rigid vehicles, operating and maintaining plant and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve work schedules with punctuality, self-motivation and enthusiasm with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team in a cooperative manner and to build productive interpersonal relationships with co-workers and maintain a positive working environment.
- Ability to record data, use operational technology such as smart phone or tablet to provide and undertake tasks and directions
- OHS Introduction to Construction certificate (White Card)
- COVID 19 vaccination for all employees (2 Vaccines)
- Willingness to complete a National Police History Check
- Willingness to complete a pre-employment health assessment
- Local Government working experience an advantage
Culture & Benefits:
- Rostered Day Off
- Health & Well-being initiatives (ie flu vaccinations, skin checks, ability to sign up for Fitness Passport membership)
- Training and development opportunities
- Long service leave after 5 years of continuous service
- 15 days sick leave per year
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Further information regarding this role can be found in the Position Description or please contact Michael McGee, Manager Waste and Cleansing (02) 9078 6131.
How to apply:
Please click on “Apply for this position” and follow the steps.
Applications are to include a resume and answers to the online questions.
Thursday 14 September 2023 @ 12:00 pm
For more updates stay with boardofjobs.com