- Largest family-owned equipment hire company in ANZ + great employee benefits
- Culture is our secret sauce-we care about our team mates & customers like family
- Ongoing training & career development-build your career with us – no experience needed
- $74,388 salary package ($67,275 base salary + super) + profit share + weekend allowance + $1,000 sign on bonus
Our mission is to be the best hire company in the world. We don’t want to be the biggest, we want to be the best. And by being the best, we are committed to sustainable growth and innovation for the benefit our customers, our people and Kennards Hire.
And with 86% of our people telling us they think Kennards Hire is a Great Place to Work, we think that’s pretty awesome!
Some of the things our people have told us make Kennards Hire a Great Place to Work include: their team mates; the care and inclusiveness we show each other; that our people’s safety is a priority; and how everyone works together to live our values. Not to mention the birthday and employee anniversary celebration cakes and BBQs!
About the role
As the Kennards Hire representative to our customers, we support you with the training and development you need to be successful in your role. The Equipment Yard Hand Driver is the critical link between a Kennards Hire branch, our customers and their projects, big or small. You’ll be in charge of everything that makes our customers’ job easy; expert advice, pickups, deliveries and making sure our equipment is ready for hire.
This role requires you to;
- Instruct and demonstrate to customers on how to safely use our equipment.
- As the Driver, perform pickup and delivery of equipment from customer sites, which includes safely loading and unloading of equipment
- Provide exceptional customer service in all customer interactions
- Maintain the high standard and quality of equipment through regular servicing and minor repairs.
- Perform cleaning of branch facilities and maintenance of equipment as required
- Perform equipment ‘check in’ and ‘check out’ inspections
- Successful applicants have come from various backgrounds such as; Customer service, building & construction, hospitality, retail, driver, landscaping, trade & maintenance.
- A valid driver’s licence
- The availability to work half day Saturday’s on a rotating roster
- This role requires some physical components including lifting and standing on your feet for long periods. A level of physical fitness is required and the ability to pass a drug test
- Strong communication skills
- Be proactive and keen to learn new skills
- An interest in machinery and equipment, although training will be provided
- A positive attitude and team player
Why join the family
- We are Australia and New Zealand’s largest family-owned equipment hire company
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do; One Family, Fair Dinkum, Taking Hire Higher & Every Customer a Raving Fan
- We offer great Benefits & Rewards such as;
- Profit Share bonus
- Paid Parental Leave
- Extensive training and development throughout your career with us
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities – across state and international borders
- Staff discount rates on our hire gear
- Access to our employee benefits program including discounts on insurance, eye care, travel and more!
- Annual Awards night, Team BBQs and many other fun social event