Concrete Mixer Driver
Position Title: Concrete Mixer Driver
Location: Johnson City, TN
Job Category: DOT Driver
Salary Interval: Hourly / Full – Time
Thank you for your interest in Summers – Taylor.
Please ensure ALL fields are completed. DOT applications that are not completed will not be considered.
Summers-Taylor, Inc., is the largest heavy and highway construction contractor in Northeast Tennessee, and has been in business since 1932. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development and homebuilding, Summers-Taylor deals with a wide variety of types of work and employs over 650 employees from Bristol to Nashville. We value our customers and our employees, and our reputation for delivering quality work has been built for four generations of family leadership covering over nine decades.
The Concrete Mixer Driver delivers concrete and other cement-based mixtures to industrial, commercial, and residential construction job sites. The successful Concrete Mixer Driver has a strong customer service orientation, the ability to work closely with all levels of employees and customers and has a strong sense of responsibility toward quality and on-time delivery, strong work ethic, and the ability to operate equipment and understand the mixing process.
- Stable Employment and Competitive Pay Based on Experience – Starting at $24/hour and up!
- Positive and Enjoyable Work Environment
- Benefits including
- Overtime Pay
- Paid Time Off offered (PTO)
- Employee Referral Bonus Opportunities
- Safe Driver Bonus Pay Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term disability
- 401(k) w/generous employer contributions
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate concrete mixer truck chutes and levers and evenly dispense mixture into the prepared frame/opening
- Maintain customer delivery schedule and strive for on-time deliveries
- Keep truck clean and well maintained on an ongoing basis
- Monitor quality per the customer’s specifications
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to safety
- Troubleshoot issues as needed
- Have an excellent driving record and history
- Comply with work references and criminal background check
- Comply with I9 and E-Verify requirements
- 5+ years constriction experience preferred
- Demonstrate the ability to perform work tasks production/quality level set by the Company
- Demonstrate the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Summers-Taylor, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the company where appropriate.
For more updates stay with boardofjobs.com