Our client, a leading Construction and Civil Engineering company supporting the Oil & Gas and Chemical Processing Industry is looking for Civil Engineer
- Support the accomplishment of construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Act as the main technical adviser on project site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives;
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for execution and monitoring of works on site
- Ensuring that all materials used are delivered timely, and work performed are as per specifications with quality and executed safely
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant; to ensure timely delivery and mobilization
- Making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project / works scope;
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents/ drawings supplied by the client, architect or consultant;
- Liaising with any Clients, consultants, subcontractors, vendors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws;
- Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress;
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site supervisory staff, labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Submission of required documents for the project/ work scope including (but not limited to) method statement, project schedule, execution plan, etc.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site;
- Preparing reports as required;
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Upholding Company’s work ethics and proper display of representation to Clients/Vendors/Subcon
- Working location – Pulau Bukom
- Qualification – Min degree in Civil Engineering
- Min. 3 years working experience in Civil Engineering Industries – Oil and Petrochemical
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the advertised position, please click on “Apply Now”. Alternatively, you may email us an updated copy of your resume (Attn: AY).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Job Code: AY
Email Address: [email protected]
EA License No.: 01C4394
CEI Reg. No.: R2197612 (Yee Ann Gie)