SVP, Head of Capital Management in Financial Strategy, Group Finance
Posting Date: 31-Mar-2023
Location: Singapore (City Area), Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Finance and Corporate Services function manages the financial and administrative needs of the Group to help achieve its business goals.
We support enhanced decision-making to achieve optimal and sustainable financial outcomes for our shareholders. We are responsible for providing insights into the performance of the Group through financial, regulatory and performance reporting of the Group.
Be part of the Financial Strategy team focused on stakeholder partnership and advisory and leading the team in timely and accurate delivery of statutory requirement, ensure compliance and effective internal controls in preparation of regulatory capital reporting and submission to MAS.
- Lead the team in ensuring high standards, accurate and timely submissions to MAS; handling of internal and external audit, and active monitoring of the Group’s capital levels
- Lead the ICAAP stress testing exercise and review of capital governance and framework, including recovery plans and perform recovery testing
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments, and assess implications to the Bank’s capital and recovery planning
- Recommend strategies to optimize capital management actions to achieve efficient management of Bank’s Capital
- Lead projects driven by regulatory or internal business changes, and identify areas for process improvement, enhancements and automations.
- Strong leadership, influencing and interpersonal communication skills
- Independent, resourceful, and able to work collaboratively with business and finance stakeholders
- Proactive, detailed oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to prioritise and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of financial processes and familiarity with MAS 637 / Basel rules and requirements
- Degree in Accounting / Finance / Business or equivalent professional certification
- At least 10-15 years of experience in the banking and finance sector
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.