Student Support Services Branch Manager-Ovens Murray
An exciting opportunity exists to join the North-Eastern Victoria Region, Ovens Murray Area Leadership team as Student Support Services Branch Manager. The role is ongoing (1.0 FTE) and based in the Ovens Murray area, assisting children and young people facing a range of barriers to learning to achieve their educational and developmental potential.
The purpose of Student Support Services (SSS) is to assist children and young people facing a range of barriers to learning to achieve their educational and developmental potential through the provision of a range of strategies and specialised support at individual, group, school and Area levels.
SSS comprise a broad range of Allied Health professions including psychologists, speech pathologists, social workers and visiting teachers. SSS staff work as part of multi-disciplinary health and wellbeing team within Areas, focusing on providing group based and individual support, workforce capacity building, and the provision of specialised services.
SSS do vital work in supporting students’ health and wellbeing – particularly our most vulnerable students – and SSS are critical to building an excellent education system that reduces the impact of disadvantage.
The SSS workforce use the Department’s to guide their work and practices.
Additional information is also available on the Departments website via this link .
The Student Support Services Branch Manager has responsibility for:
- leading the change and workforce reform of Student Support Services
- supporting the development and implemention of a needs based allocation model for the provision of Student Support Services to schools
- line management and oversight of team leaders, employees, teams and contractors supporting schools
- coordination of services to schools
- assist in the management of complex cases by SSS employees within the Area
- monitoring contracts related to SSS provision
- ensuring the use of state-wide guidelines and practice; and the statewide Professional Supervision Framework is used to support SSS employees
- facilitating the use of the Student Online Case System to support service delivery based on need
- participating in Regional and Statewide Student Support Services Branch Managers groups to ensure consistent service
- facilitating professional supervision and providing professional support and development
- oversee the SSS budget in collaboration with the regional finance manager
- participating in Area and statewide governance as required
- undertake other duties as required by the Regional Director (or nominee)
Relevant tertiary qualification or a background in education or Allied Health (Psychology, Social Work, or Speech Pathology) would be advantageous, but not essential to this role.
For more details regarding this position please see attached position description.
The Department values diversity and inclusion in all forms – gender, religion, ethnicity, LGBTIQ+, disability and neurodiversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information about our work, working for the Department, diversity and inclusion, and our employment conditions visit the , and our
The Department of Education and Training (the Department) is committed to, so far as is reasonably practicable, providing and maintaining a working environment for its employees that is safe and without risks to health and that other persons are not exposed to health and safety risks arising from the Department’s activities. The Department (Policy) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Department’s Policy outlines the requirements for all employees, prospective employees who (or may need to) work outside of their ordinary place of residence and attend a workplace of the Department or workplace of another Employer on behalf of the Department and its portfolio agencies. Subject to exceptions, only employees, and prospective employees with up-to-date vaccination status (see definitions section of the policy) against COVID-19 and who provide evidence of their Vaccination Status are permitted to work for the department outside their ordinary place of residence.
For this role, you are required to submit proof of full vaccination as part of the recruitment process and prior to commencement employment. Please refer to the above link for more information. This role requires onsite attendance at one or more Department work locations.
Information about the Department of Education and Training’s operations and employment conditions can be obtained from the following websites: and .
Applicants requiring adjustments can contact the nominated contact person.
Applications close 19 May 2023