- Evolving benefits including exclusive employee discounts + reward & recognition
About the Company
As one of Australia’s leading security companies, with a national footprint across Australia, MSS Security has unrivalled experience in delivering the highest quality of service & protecting some of the nation’s highest profile sites. To find out more visit our website at www.msssecurity.com.au
Our employees enjoy working with MSS because we:
- Have a high people and culture focus
- Offer extensive development and progression opportunities
- Provide stability and certainty in a role
- Work collaboratively together and are high achievement focused
- And because we know how to have fun whilst getting the job done
About the Client
As one of Australia’s leading universities, the University of New South Wales (UNSW) is located at Kensington and offers an interesting and varied security experience. As an employee of MSS Security working at the UNSW you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the learning experience of some of the brightest minds in Australia. You will be integral to the UNSW security team and exposed to security related scenarios that will challenge you and enhance your learning.
About the role
The role of the Site Security Lead is to oversee the provision of security services across several sites in line with SOPs and agreed service levels. To co-ordinate day to day work of MSS employees at the site. Liaise with client representatives to ensure optimal levels of service. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all new employees are fully inducted and training schedules are completed in an agreed format and are in accordance with client and company policy.
- Ensure the site is equipped with adequate communications and all guards are correctly uniformed and licensed
- Be the liaison between contractor/subcontractors and client, which includes fulfilling ad-hoc guarding requests
- Provide advice, counselling and guidance to personnel regarding risk and performance management issues
- Promote customer service by providing courteous and helpful assistance to client enquiries which includes prompt attention to any customer dissatisfaction by communication to the relevant MSS Manager
- Be aware of, follow and enforce company and client policy and procedures on HSE and QA.
- Roll out toolbox-talks compliance updates on KPI management, record keeping and relay other memos and company information.
- Assist with completing the Monthly Contractor Report (including WHS monthly report, SSM reports, SXP reports, audit dates/findings and responding to KPI register/follow up on action items.
- Contribute to crime prevention initiatives across campus and safety awareness.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills and Experience
- Certificate II in Security Operations and current First Aid certificate
- NSW Security Licence
- Proven ability to work under pressure while remaining alert and focused on task
- Customer centric approach
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Supervisory experience and/or skills
If you are interested in joining the security industry but do not hold a qualification or licence, please take the time to consider our Scholarship Program. Further information can be found on our website www.msssecurity.com.au/employment/scholarships
Master Licence Number: 408742075
How to apply
MSS Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions of each person and encourage and celebrate diversity. We are proud to be certified by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency, a partner and supporter of Veterans employment and honoured to have an endorsed REFLECT Reconciliation Action Plan.
Click APPLY to complete your application and you will be prompted to answer a few simple questions and upload your cover letter and CV.
To give yourself the best opportunity to progress your application, please outline in your cover letter how your skills and experience meet the role requirements.
Thanks for taking the time to consider MSS as a future employer and we look forward to hearing from you.