Our purpose at ACC is to improve lives every day. It’s to put our customers first, showing them manaakitanga and supporting their wellbeing. It’s to enable everyone in Aotearoa the freedom to live their lives knowing that if they need us, we’ll be there.
Here at ACC we have an opportunity available for a Senior Developer with a pragmatic attitude towards problem solving, and an awesome ability to troubleshoot. Our Integrated Solution team needs someone who gets a kick from the creation, maintenance, and delivery of technical solutions that will enhance ACC’s ability to deliver quality products.
This role sits in our Digital Value Stream, supporting and developing Technology solutions to ACC websites which will enhance security, stability, speed and agility to the business and client experience. As a technology evangelist you are familiar working in SAFe/Agile to support the future-state of our website development and you live and breathe design and full-stack development.
To view a full position description, please
Mō tenei tūrana mahi | About this role:
- The development and maintenance of software systems in line with ACC’s quality controls and standards.
- Testing developed solutions for functional and operational correctness.
- Designing and planning work to meet team objectives.
- Collaborating with team members across a range of disciplines.
- Communicating progress, goals, problems, and deficiencies.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of industry developments that have the ability to enhance ACC’s development.
Ko wai koe | About you:
- You live and breathe Agile; scrum methodology and sprints are not new to you. You’re all about retros too.
- You’re not afraid to pitch in and help others and you’ll mentor and coach other developers in your team.
- You’re someone with practical understanding of common software quality principles such as SOLID and REST.
- You’ll have a solid understanding of web accessibility standards and best practices.
- You’ve got a high level of knowledge and understanding of networking principles.
- You’ll have experience in writing and maintaining automated unit tests, TDD and BDD including practical experience with mocking frameworks.
- If you’re someone with SilverStripe CMS, SASS/LESS, Bootstrap, Elastic Cloud, and Azure DevOps knowledge that would be an advantage
‘Working at ACC:
The base salary range for this role is $97,888 to $138,194 with starting salary depending on skills and experience of the successful applicant. ACC also offers additional 9% superannuation.
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customer, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
Applications will run through to 5pm Thursday 27th April. Applications will only be accepted when formally submitted through our ACC Career Website.’ If you have any questions about the role, please contact
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details Employer: Accident Compensation Corporation
Position type: Ongoing – Full Time
Category: IT & computing
Attachment: No File Attached