We are lookin for a Registrar
There is an exciting opportunity for a PGY4+ Registrar in obstetrics and gynaecology to join the cardiology department of a tertiary care hospital for a full time position on a 12 month contract.
This job starts as soon as possible and locums can be considered.
The hospital is one of New Zealand’s largest regional hospitals providing acute and elective tertiary medical care.
The location boasts an enviable lifestyle with great homes, superb schools, a burgeoning economy, and no traffic headaches.
Role Duties and Responsibilities
As registrar in obstetrics and gynaecology you will be expected to perform the following duties:
- you will work under the supervision of a designated consultant physician and assume responsibility for the day-to-day management of inpatients under the care of the consultant. The management of all inpatients under the team’s care will be reviewed on a daily basis Monday through Friday.
- you will be responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients referred to hospital acutely with gynaecology problems
- you will participate in outpatient clinics and antenatal clinics related to the consultant team for which you work and will ensure timely correspondence is sent to each patient’s general practitioner.
- you will assist with consultations from other services within the hospital and from General Practitioners
- you shall attend clinical meetings including Case Presentations, Grand Round and Medical Audit Meeting and will be expected to contribute or present to these meetings.
To be successful in your application for this opportunity as the Registrar in obstetrics and gynaecology, we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
- A degree in medicine – MBBS, MBChB, MD
- A minimum of 2 years pre-vocational training – FY1/2, internship
- A minimum of 12 months experience in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Medical Council of New Zealand general registration or eligibility for this
Key words: obstetrics, gynaecology, labour ward, antenatal clinics, operative delivery
For more updates stay with us https://www.boardofjobs.com/