Registered Nurse – General Community
Employment Type: Permanent/Temporary – Full/Part Time – to June 2025
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $67,357.32 – $94,568.44 per annum plus superannuation
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ425496
An exciting opportunity to join South Eastern Sydney Local Health District! The Sutherland Hospital is now recruiting to Community Nursing.
The vision for nursing and midwifery at The Sutherland Hospital is to: Build a united team that provides compassionate care to our community through transformational, supportive and holistic nursing and midwifery.
Where you’ll be working:
The Generalist Community Nursing Team provide post-acute nursing services for clients discharging from hospitals, as well as accepting referrals from My Aged Care, General Practitioners and other community services.
Established in 1958,
The Sutherland Hospital campus offers a comprehensive range of inpatient and community services to around 226,000 residents of the Sutherland Shire, colloquially known as ‘The Shire’A $62.9 million redevelopment has delivered a new and expanded emergency department, 60 new acute inpatient beds, and storage space for theatres to improve efficiencies. Current refurbishment works to provide an expanded medical imaging service are in progress.
The hospital campus is close to some of Sydney’s great beaches, restaurants, bars and cafes at Cronulla and is close to the beautiful Royal National Park. Gymea is another lively suburb with many restaurants and cafes. At Miranda, just a short walk away from the hospital, there is a Westfield Shopping Centre and cinema complex.
The ideal candidate will have: * Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery and to guide others in providing service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and apply professional and ethical boundaries when dealing with complex situations.
- Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of risk management, safety and quality principles and the role of the Registered Nurse in applying these principles.
- Demonstrated recent extensive post registration experience in an acute/post-acute setting.
Salary Packaging and Fitness Passport is also available to eligible staff members.
Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates and we have an Aboriginal Employment Consultant that can provide support. If you have any questions or would like guidance on the recruitment process, please contact the SESLHD Aboriginal Employment Team via email to:
Need more information?
1) Click here for the and
2) Find out more about for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Katherine Dooley on [email protected]
Applications Close: 10 September 2023
For more updates stay with boardofjobs.com