Role: Regional Business Operations Lead
Geographic Coverage: ASEAN & Greater China
Summary of Role
The Regional Business Operations Lead is a critical role in supporting the regional Market Unit (MU) Head and the Global Growth Market (GGM) COO to rigorously manage business performance, enabling the MU to consistently achieve its revenue and profitability targets.
This strategic, hands-on role is responsible for the MU’s day-to-day operating activities, including business planning, forecasting, budgeting, revenue and margin optimization, productivity improvement, risk management, knowledge management and strategic initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the development and annual refresh of a robust 5-year business plan
- Optimize revenue, resources and infrastructure forecasts
- Establish and rigorously manage annual budgets
- Continuously optimize costs and pricing, while maintaining Industry leading client satisfaction and revenue growth
- Responsible for Interlock with geo delivery & service line leadership to meet the unit’s Revenue & Margin targets
- Govern fulfillment requirements and CoD tracking with Delivery Operations
- Identify, prioritize and proactively mitigate key MU risks; Establish and refresh contingency plans on an ongoing basis
- Organize disciplined MU operations reviews, by providing management with actionable insights, then ensuring action plans are developed and tracked until successful implementation
- Improve productivity of the GGM COO Office, MU Head and client facing associates by standardizing and optimizing key business processes and tools
- Institutionalize knowledge by continuously capturing and sharing best practices
- Manage MU communications, drive change management and lead transformation actions
- Drive and successfully execute Corporate or MU strategic initiatives in the MU
- Support MU Head as needed to address critical business requirements
- Motivate and lead a high-performance MU operations organization by attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining highly skilled and experienced associates
- Exhibit and lead actions to align to GGM objectives set by the GGM President and the GGM COO while retaining the “freedom within a framework” to execute actions that are aligned to the MU strategy as well.
Skills & Experience
- At least 10 years of relevant global and cross functional expertise and experience, preferably in a Tier 1 IT Services / consulting firm
- Proven ability to be hands-on and lead, facilitate, and collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver successful business outcomes
- Ability to create a vision, design and implement a plan for ongoing business improvement
- Strong P&L management experience
- Capability to lead team and organization through significant change in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high growth environment with continuously increasing scale and complexity
- Ability to connect the dots, analyze key issues, identify trends, provide insights and develop and implement strategic solutions
- Ability to drive common culture, build an open, transparent and cohesive environment through effective communication and exceptional collaboration
- Ability to influence stakeholders and to execute the corporate BPM vision across the BU
- Ability to command respect and trust internally and externally
- Possess executive presence, gravitas and credibility to make things happen
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin is a plus
- Good academic background with business management degrees.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Feb 04 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.