- Mar 31, 2023
My client, a well reputed international bank is looking for an Operations Specialist for its Settlements team to focus on regulatory reporting.
Morgan Mckinley is working in partnership with a leading international bank currently looking for a 12 months contractor to join their operations team and support on settlements and regulatory reporting. This role is convertible to permanent.
- Perform end to end processing for products such as FX/MM, Derivatives, Securities and Commercial Loan. This includes timely validation of trade bookings, prompt action on Confirmation matching, accurate settlements of trades, cash management, local payment clearing, post cash/trade break rectification and regulatory reporting to EMIR, MAS, etc.
- Ensure meeting all the local reporting requirements to MAS
- To actively work on and support regulatory-related topics/initiatives
- To ensure all risks associated with operations, settlements and regulatory reporting are identified, monitored, and resolved promptly
- Liaise with Front Office, internal stakeholders, brokers, and counterparties to investigate and resolve operational or settlement issues.
- Ensure all regulatory reporting to MAS are fulfilled in a timely manner e.g., OTC Derivatives Reporting, MAS 755, MAS 610, MAS SGS
- To provide regulatory reporting support to the business unit through the diagnosis of reporting issues and the proposal of solutions
- Work closely with other areas of the department to address operational and reporting issues
- Work both independently to meet the local reporting deadlines and alongside team members to meet the additional responsibilities
- To ensure that global policies and local regulations are adhered to at all times and are kept up to date with any developments in the business
- Support Local Head in achieving efficiency and effectiveness of the processes within the team through change management and continuous process improvement
- Support additional tasks assigned by Local Head and subject to job rotation.
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you would have the following Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in similar capacity
- Strong product knowledge in wide range of financial instruments especially in area of bookings and settlements (such as fixed income instruments, financial derivative products, FX and MM products, structured products etc.)
- Good experience in MAS Trade and FX turnover reporting
- Good understanding of relevant regulatory bodies (e.g., MAS) and rules as well as internal controls to ensure compliance to local laws/standards as well to head-office requirements.
- Good analytical and excel skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Process orientated with ability to analyse and recommend / drive improvements
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to apply up-to-date knowledge and best practices to develop value-added solutions.
If you’re interested in this role, please send your updated CV (word format) to [email protected] for a confidential discussion
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1770166
Registration Name: Suhani Malhotra
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as a notification that you have not been shortlisted.