New Kitchen Assistant Job in Canada. Our client is seeking applications for the “New Kitchen Assistant Job” to fill the vacant position. However, the client that we are on board with is known as “North Island College”. The Food Services Kitchen Assistant is liable for the cost-effectiveness of breakfast and lunch menus by maintaining predetermined portion proportions and successfully eliminating wastage, and preparing and cooking the menus as needed for cafeteria service. At least two years of experience in a fast-paced restaurant or catering kitchen, preferably in the preparation of breakfast and lunch. Prior experience cooking is preferred, a high school certificate, Have valid WHMIS and Food Safe Level 1 certifications, all are requirements for this job.
- New Kitchen Assistant Job
- $23.09–$24.48 an hour
Roles of this New Kitchen Assistant Job
Following are the role and responsibilities.
- Under the direction of the Dean/Designee, prepares and cooks breakfast and lunch items in accordance with the quality and process requirements established by the Culinary Arts, Professional Cook program.
- Maintains standard serving sizes and waste reduction practices when preparing food for daily service.
- Provides outstanding service to students, faculty, and the general public; updates the Dean or designee on pertinent information as needed.
- Performs dish and small-ware washing duties as needed
- Keeps the kitchen and its gadgets spotless at all times.
- Adheres to FoodSafe, WHMIS, and WorkSafeBC requirements, as well as College HACCP and general Health and Safety rules and procedures, to maintain a safe and professional workplace.
Last Date for Application Submission:
- June 14, 2024
How to Apply:
Those applicants who are willing to apply should follow the following procedure:
- Just hit the “Apply” button and do what it says.
- Visit https://www.boardofjobs.com/for further fascinating employment possibilities.
- North Island College, canada