- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington / Auckland
- Support nationally significant programmes
- Annual salary of $142,518 per annum plus five weeks annual leave, Kiwisaver and a suite of insurance benefits
Mō mātou – Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand’s housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders’ lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build Aotearoa’s future.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi – Our Role
Our People, Governance & Capability group are now looking to welcome a Lead Service Designer to the team. With our commitment to our customers, it is our Service Designers who design, develop, and support the implementation of initiatives that help us achieve our vision.
Collaborating with Lead Business Analysts as the Lead Service Designer, you will build an understanding of the landscape of change that will enable you to find efficiencies by highlighting collaboration opportunities between projects and programmes, where changes will impact on common areas and customers.
You will have strong consulting level knowledge in a range of design methodologies to meet the design and improvement needs of Kāinga Ora, as well as provide advice to the analysis and design leadership team. You will work across the business to understand key business drivers and opportunities including organisational strategy and customer needs.
As a senior member of the team, you will lead, mentor and coach others in design approaches to meet our strategic intent and customer requirements.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu – What you will bring
- Relevant tertiary qualification or proven work experience in delivering design approaches for large organisations
- Ability to communicate effectively and quickly at all levels of business
- Proven ability to translate business plans and translate these into service and product designs
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in the use of design methodologies, tools and techniques
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills with focus on collaboration and co-design
- Proven experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, customers and disciplines with competing needs and the confidence to lead engaging co-design workshops.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, partners and key stakeholders
For more information on the role, please refer to the position description.
Nōu te rourou – What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks’ annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development.
These benefits are described in more detail here .
As a Kāinga Ora employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara – Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga – People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Whanake – Be Bold
Tūhono mai – Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via .
Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via
Applications close on 27 April 2023.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.