The Daisy Consortium, an international organization that promotes accessible information, developed the Daisy standard in the late 1990s. Today, Daisy DTBs are widely used by libraries, schools, and individuals with print disabilities worldwide. The bar has also been extended to include other types of digital content, such as e-books, newspapers, and magazines. Firstly Daisy’s communication is an essential aspect of digital accessibility and provides a way for people with print disabilities to access information and participate fully in society. Secondly, the firm si looking to hire candidates for the post of IT Support Engineer. Further details regarding the post are given below.
IT Support Engineer
The salary package offered by the firm is £24,000 per year.
Job Duties of an IT Support Engineer
- Providing technical support: IT support engineers are responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to hardware, software, network, and other IT systems. They must be able to diagnose problems, find solutions, and provide advice to end-users.
- Installing and configuring systems: IT support engineers are responsible for setting up and configuring IT systems such as servers, workstations, and software applications.
- Monitoring systems: IT support engineers must monitor the performance of IT systems and ensure they are operating effectively. They may need to use monitoring tools to identify issues before they become critical problems.
- Performing maintenance: IT support engineers are responsible for performing routine maintenance on IT systems to keep them running smoothly. This may include applying software patches, upgrading hardware components, and performing backups.
- Providing training: IT support engineers may be responsible for providing training to end-users on how to use IT systems and software applications.
- Documenting procedures: IT support engineers must document the procedures and processes they use to resolve issues and provide support to end-users. This documentation is critical for future reference and to maintain consistency in IT support processes.
- Ensuring security: IT support engineers must ensure that IT systems are secure and protected from cyber threats. This may involve implementing security protocols and procedures, monitoring for security breaches, and responding to incidents as necessary.
- Collaborating with other IT professionals: IT support engineers must work collaboratively with other IT professionals, such as network engineers, system administrators, and developers, to ensure that IT systems are integrated and operate effectively.
- Suitable PC/ Laptop hardware and Software knowledge
- Good fault-finding skills
- Useful Knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and productivity suite
- Knowledge of Server operating systems
- Knowledge of active directory
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 setup
- Essential networking knowledge
Knowledge of the following would be an advantage:
- Microsoft Azure
- Acronis suite of software
- AV Software
- 365 Fundamentals and/or Azure fundamentals
Last Date for Applying
The final date for applying for this position is March 26, 2023
How to Apply
- Interested contenders can apply by clicking on apply button.
- For more updates please see our website at boardofjobs.com
- Applicants should apply with full documents according to the job requirement to avoid ambiguity. Carefully fill out the application form so that, the company can effortlessly access you and your application is not left out.
- The company will contact the selected candidates.
- This job contains a placement fee of up to one month’s salary.
Northwich, Cheshire, UK