Institute Manager job
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by QS Top 50 Under 50 rankings as Australia’s and located centrally in one of the world’s most liveable cities. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The offers innovative, practice-based education and high impact research that focuses on improving health outcomes in local and global communities. Our teaching and learning encourage an active learning approach and results in graduates that are highly sought after by employers. A long-standing partner of healthcare professions, UTS engages in clinically relevant research that informs policy and improves practice and patient outcomes both in Australia and overseas.
About the Role
The Institute Manager provides strategic advice and specialist support to the Director of the UTS Research Institute for Innovative Solutions for Well-being and Health (INSIGHT) in leading its research agenda and successful implementation of the annual action plan.
As the Institute Manager you will initially be working within the Faculty of Health to manage the effective and efficient operational planning, project management, financial management and governance support of the Institute. The role also provides strategic and effective guidance and support on administrative matters relating to all research activities. The Institute Manager contributes to the effective external and internal relationships and ensures INSIGHT complies with UTS policies and procedures.
- Provide executive support and coordination to strategic projects and policies as determined by the Director, INSIGHT.
- Ensure ongoing effectiveness and compliance of INSIGHT core local policies, review procedures for compliance with University’s policies and incorporate business improvement as required.
- Manage INSIGHT budgets and financial administration processes in collaboration with the Director, INSIGHT and Faculty Management Accountant.
- Provide advice to the Director and Directorate and other staff on a range of operational matters including financial, human and physical resources and information management.
- Manage in conjunction with other INSIGHT team members, internal and external promotional and research workshop, events held by INSIGHT.
With examples, please outline in a separate document how you meet the following five (5) key selection criteria points:
1. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively in collaboration with others.
2. Project management skills or demonstrated ability to manage projects to completion.
3. Demonstrated ability to think strategically, plan, organise and manage procedures and workflows.
4. Ability to analyse issues, prioritise effectively and proactively solve problems.
5. Experience in financial management and the preparation and monitoring of budgets.
Base Salary Range: $110,790 to $126,178 pa (HEW 8)
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of s include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and the appointment will be made on a fixed term basis for a period of 2 years. This fixed term contract may also be offered as a secondment.
- Please note that the standard UTS polices on secondments apply, and applicants must have permission from their supervisor and organisational area before proceeding with a secondment. Please refer to for further information.
For more updates stay with boardofjobs.com