Mastronardi Produce is North America’s leading greenhouse grower and distributor of gourmet vegetables. Our produce is packed under the award-winning SUNSET® brand and can be found in leading grocers throughout North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry! We seek individuals that deliver PRIDE: Passion | Respect | Innovation | Drive | Excellence… to our customers and one another.
Green Empire Farms, a high-tech fresh produce greenhouse in Oneida, New York, and a member of the Mastronardi Group of Companies, is currently seeking a Crop Care Supervisor to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that Greenhouse employees are trained and able to produce quality results efficiently. The Crop Care Supervisor is accountable for the overall aesthetics of the greenhouse and support to the Labor Manager.
- Ensure GH work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
- Spending one on one time with employees to ensure that greenhouse standards are being met.
- Available to supervise yearly activities such as clean-out and planting of new crop when required.
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other departments under the guidance of the Labor Manager.
- Resolve work-related issues using company procedures including the progressive disciplinary process.
- Prepare and submit quality reports to the Labor Manager.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Complete Employee Reviews.
- Be familiar with and enforce all Health and Food Safety guidelines within the greenhouse.
- Complete necessary Health and Food Safety Paperwork as required.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
- At least two years Supervisory experience required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Literacy with MS Office products and internet navigation.
- Physically capable of regular greenhouse activities – including walking, lifting, bending, and withstanding periods of high heat.
- Effective verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to take leadership role and display personal initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with/manage 30+ workers.
- Year-round in an indoor greenhouse and/or warehouse environment.
- Greenhouse environment where the temperature may reach 70°F and background noise approaches 70 dcbs.
- Periods of heat and humidity.
- Working at various heights.
- Use of various tools and equipment daily.
- 44 hours average per week.
- Heavy lifting up to 40lbs.
- Rotating weekends & holiday responsibility.
Salary range: $50,000-$55,000 – Compensation based on experience and skill level
For more updates stay with boardofjobs.com