Heidelberg Materials is seeking a General Manager to join our Permanente team in Cupertino, California. The position reports directly to the Vice President, Cement Operations. This position provides leadership and direction in all aspects of the business including safety, long and short-term goals, project management, cost management, capital investments, environmental compliance, asset management, and performance management.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates, and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Provide leadership to the site’s management team and employees in all aspects of mining, production, terminal operation, repair and maintenance, quality control, environmental compliance, and administration.
- Implement and enhance the site’s safety program to accomplish Lehigh Hanson’s “Zero Harm” standard.
- Develop annual operating budgets and ensure their successful execution.
- Develop, implement, and execute specific strategies, plans and objectives to maximize the utility of resources, continuously improve the mine’s productivity and minimize costs.
- Management of Site Master Plan projects, including strategizing, planning, and organizing in the context of overall Master Plan objectives. Continually monitor and manage project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Establish positive employee/labour relations, promote teamwork at all levels of the organization and encourage employee development and training.
- Identify capital spending projects, prepare their authorization, and ensure successful implementation of the recommended projects.
- Oversee compliance with environmental and mining regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Establish and maintain community relations to sustain a positive profile within the community.
- Effectively partner with Sales & Marketing and corporate functions that provide service and support to the business.
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Engineering (Mining, Mechanical, Civil), Geology or Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and motivate employees at all levels of the organization
- Minimum 7 years of experience in mining or building materials production
- Substantial leadership experience
- Proven track record of achieving results in a complex production environment
- Knowledge of collective agreements and experience working in a unionized environment
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge of business/financial management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new computer software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- What we offer
- $122,400 – $183,600 / year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Saving Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Prescription Drug/Pharmacy benefit, AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability. Life insurance, Paid Bonding Leave, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- 401k – Retirement Plan.
- Paid Vacation 15 days per year and Paid Sick 40 hours per year.
- Ten paid holidays.
What We Have to Offer:
Minimum Pay Rate
Maximum Pay Rate