At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
To oversee and contribute daily to Light Reading’s coverage of the Asia-Pac region, companies and technologies influencing the global communications industry. The Asia-Pac Bureau Chief will help Light Reading grow its target audience outside Europe and the US and will represent the publication as a reporter and speaker at key industry events.
Areas of responsibility and accountability
- Write, assign, edit and compile a mix of news stories, interviews, trend stories, and narrative features for Light Reading that feature the largest network operators and technology vendors outside of Europe and North America.
- Identify relevant new events and content trends and use those to help bring more relevant news and info to Light Reading’s global (English-reading/speaking) audience of communications professionals.
- Work with fellow site editors in the Light Reading network to augment and extend news coverage of key industry topics, adding more voices, perspectives and market-relevant reporting to the mix.
- Handle all daily publishing duties on Light Reading’s content platforms during the Southern and Eastern Asian work day, especially GMT +8-11 (especially interested in Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore and Japan).
- Telecom industry knowledge and/or technology market familiarity.
- Ability to set plans and manage deadlines in accordance with an editorial calendar or event schedule.
- Ability to collaborate with other publications and stakeholders in the market pillar.
- Knowledge of multimedia editorial practices (video and audio).
- Ability to follow editorial best practices and workflow across multiple content management systems and social media platforms.
- Experience covering events and news in multiple formats (short and long-form stories, video, audio, etc.)
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- Annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options – become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can
succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job .