Our drivers have important missions every day. Whatever division you join, you are a crucial part of our team. When we deliver parts, we are helping a parent be on time at the daycare, an ambulance get back on the road quickly or a truck deliver produce to a Canadian community on time. That is why we say we keep Canadians moving forward. The impact our Drivers make is undeniable! Join a special kind of workplace. We have the experience and strength of our 100-year legacy and the desire to always do better for our team members and clients. Our 5000 colleagues proudly serve thousands of customers every day across Canada. Get to work with great people, use the company car, have a stable schedule, and foremost help your community. The firm is seeking to hire candidates for the post of Driver. Further details regarding the post are given below.
The salary package offered by the firm is $18.25 per hour.
Job Duties of a Driver
The job duties of a driver can vary depending on the type of vehicle they operate and the industry they work in. Here are some common job duties of a driver:
- Operating the vehicle: A driver’s primary job duty is to operate the vehicle safely and responsibly. They must follow traffic laws and regulations and practice defensive driving techniques to avoid accidents and ensure the safety of passengers and cargo.
- Transporting people or goods: Drivers may be responsible for transporting people or goods from one location to another. This can include driving a bus, taxi, delivery truck, or another type of vehicle.
- Maintaining the vehicle: Drivers are typically responsible for maintaining the vehicle they operate. This can include regular maintenance tasks such as checking the oil and tire pressure, as well as more advanced repairs or inspections.
- Planning routes: Drivers may be responsible for planning the most efficient routes to get to their destination, taking into account traffic patterns, construction, and other factors that may impact travel time.
- Communicating with dispatch: Drivers who work for a transportation company may be responsible for communicating with dispatch to receive pick-up and drop-off instructions, update their status, and report any issues or delays.
- Providing customer service: Drivers who transport passengers may be responsible for providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and providing assistance as needed.
- Completing paperwork: Drivers may be required to complete paperwork such as delivery receipts, mileage logs, and vehicle inspection reports
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license.
- One year of related work experience in automotive or heavy vehicle parts.
Last Date for Applying
The final date for applying for this position is March 30, 2023
How to Apply
- Interested contenders can apply by clicking on apply button.
- For more updates please see our website at boardofjobs.com
- Applicants should apply with full documents according to the job requirement to avoid ambiguity. Carefully fill out the application form so that, the company can effortlessly access you and your application is not left out.
- The company will contact the selected candidates.
Ottawa, ON, Canada