Reporting to Construction Manager, you are responsible to plan and monitor construction activities to ensure all project objectives including safety are met or exceeded. Ability to interface multiple contractor terms of all disciplines in EPC project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Construction Manager on subcontractors sourcing, inquiry package issuing, work scope clarification, sub-contractors evaluation & selection, cost negotiation and PO issuance.
- Work scope clarification & confirmation, BQ verification and construction direct & indirect cost estimation.
- Coordinating with selected subcontractors to ensure they are in line with company strategies and planning.
- Discussing and clarifying the detail of scope of work, execution plan, commercial issue and technical issue to minimize potential future conflict.
- Carry out constructability studies, construction activities planning and execution plan for the job.
- Coordinating with all engineering disciplines to ensure design, cost and client’s requirement can be achieved.
- Handling of issued drawings to ensure latest drawings to be applied.
- Work closely with team and subcontractor to prepare all the MSRA required for the project.
- Working closely with scheduler, subcontractors and clients to plan ahead and schedule critical work paths in order to avoid delays or obstructions on mechanical completion.
- Day to day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the work progress, site labour force and any work of subcontractors.
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site.
- Maintain knowledge on all contract terms and legal requirements for project to avoid any delay in projects.
- Identify and resolve all technical issues in Construction process.
- Liaising with clients and company project team, including attending regular meeting and submitting reports to keep them informed of progress and construction issues.
- Liaising with any vendors, consultant, supervisors, subcontractors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Assist Construction Manager to monitor and manage the overall construction cost, including subcontractors’ progress billing, construction expenses and cost of variation order.
- Prepare and submit the weekly and monthly progress/construction reports to management.
- Degree in Electrical/Eletronics engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ of relevant experience in construction management field.
- Experience in oil and gas or chemical projects.
- Basic knowledge in construction planning.
- Field construction experience.
- Knowledge and experience in sub-contracting work.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS powerpoint and schedule reporting.
- Clear awareness of construction management tools and methods of execution.
- Familiar with Construction Practices.