Chandler MacLeod is seeking responsible and reliable Civil Labourers to work with a reputable leading service provider in Broadford Victoria
If successful in obtaining this position you would be responsible for:
- Pavement repairs including pothole repairs, edge repairs, crack sealing, minor surface treatments & pavement regulations.
- Pavement cleaning including sweeping the road, clearing dead animals from the road and other material as required.
- Assist in major patching repairs of the roadway.
- Traffic controlling and signage setup
- Cleaning of drains, culverts and pits using shovels and mechanical equipment.
- Grass control including mowing, edge trimming, brush cutting and spraying.
- Vegetation works including, chainsaw operation, pole saw operation use of handsaws, chippers and other
- Signage works including signage repair, replacement, post installation and cleaning
- Guidepost installation repair and removal
- Landslip clearing by hand and mechanical methods
- Rest Area repairs including building maintenance
- Bridge Maintenance including cleaning of bridges, painting and removal of debris
- Line marking
- Conduct network inspections as required with particular focus on specialised items.
To be successful in obtaining this position you must have a
- Current General Construction Induction card (essential)
- Truck licence (MR) (essential)
- First Aid ticket (preferred)
- Traffic Control ticket (preferred)
- Chainsaw ticket (preferred)
- Proven ability in the operation of mobile plant machinery and equipment, particularly within the road maintenance and asphalt industry (advantageous)
- A positive attitude that is demonstrated through your work ethic
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision if required
- A strong ‘team player’ with the proven ability to work efficiently with others
- A strong commitment to a Zero Harm culture
If you are successful in applying for this position you would need to
- Pass a Drug & Alcohol screen
- Complete a medical conducted by a medical professional
You must be responsible and reliable with a willingness to work in a team environment as well as conducting tasks assigned to you with complete independence.
If you feel like you would excel in a positive environment with a great team of people and are ready and able to work, please apply or email [email protected] for more information!