Associate Nurse Unit Manager
Special Care Nursery
Up to 80 hours fixed term ANUM position for six months (10th of July 2023 to 7th of January 2024)
About Grampians Health
Grampians Health was established 1 November 2021, bringing together Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, Wimmera Health Care Group and Ballarat Health Services to deliver safe, sustainable, healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term.
This partnership follows years of strong collaboration and close partnerships between the four health services. Together, we will deliver better healthcare, enhance services and advance careers, closer to home, now and into the future.
A career with Grampians Health means you are connected and are part of a team providing quality healthcare to rural and regional communities. Our communities are diverse, as is our workforce, with expert clinical staff from across the world choosing to live and work in our beautiful region.
Grampians Health provides acute, maternity, mental health, allied health, aged care, administration and support services. This means your career will be as diverse and rewarding as you strive to be.
About the role
The Special Care Nursery in Ballarat is a level 4 nursery providing care for unwell, premature and/or small neonates and services the entire Grampians region. We provide holistic, family centred care to newborns admitted directly from the postnatal ward or the emergency department. The unit engages a broad care team, providing specialist developmentally-appropriate care.
You will be able to work collaboratively and consultatively as part of a multidisciplinary team, have demonstrated leadership ability and have a clear understanding of the managerial responsibilities of an Associate Nurse Unit Manager.
- Work collaboratively with the Nurse Unit Manager and the multidisciplinary team to facilitate and foster the provision of best practice standards of nursing care and service delivery that meets the needs of the Patient / Residents, their families and carers
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and clinical skills and a strong management focus in the clinical unit/department/area of responsibility
- Accountable and responsible for clinical coordination and resource management of unit/department/area of responsibility on a shift to shift basis.
- Be a clinical leader and resource to the nursing team assisting with problem solving and the delivery of best practice evidence based person centred care
- Display strong leadership and communication skills to promote multidisciplinary engagement and team cohesion
- Ensure patient flow supports the achievement of organisational Key Performance Indicators
- Support the Nurse Unit Manager with compliance to meet accreditation
- Support the Nurse Unit Manager to implement the quality, safety and risk management program for the department
- Promote nursing leadership within the Directorate
- Deputise for the Nurse Unit Manager of the designated clinical unit/department and as such, must have a working knowledge of the administrative operations of the area
KEY SELECTION CRTITERIA
- Be eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse Division 1 with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and hold a current practicing certificate
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in clinical area of application is preferred
- Desirable to have or working towards managerial qualifications i.e. short courses or graduate certificate
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a clear understanding of the managerial responsibilities of an Associate Nurse Unit Manager
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and consultatively as part of a multidisciplinary team
Grampians Health Culture & Benefits
At Grampians Health, we recognise our staff are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff, patients, residents, visitors, volunteers and contractors at all sites.
- Flexible work arrangements and purchase leave opportunities
- Salary packaging for living expenses such as rent/mortgage plus meals, entertainment & holidays
- Discounted on-site parking
- Access to discounted health club membership
- Staff rewards and recognition programs
Ballarat is the largest centre in Western Victoria and the states fastest growing inland city. Dubbed Australia’s most liveable city in 2020, Ballarat is home to first class education, fine dining and boutique shopping. Uniquely located within easy access to Melbourne, Geelong, Bendigo and the Western district, Ballarat is blessed with some of Australia’s most significant heritage buildings and natural landscapes.
This position is paid in accordance with the Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2020 – 2024. The classification is Associated Nurse Unit Manager (YW11 – YW12) which ranges from $52.49 – $54.25 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY
Click APPLY or contact Joanne Pegg, Nurse Unit Manager Special Care Nursery, on 5320 4982 for a confidential discussion.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police records check, immunisation clearance and Working with Children check and/or NDIS Worker Screening Check.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependent.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual LGBTQIA+.
- Essential : Have you received three doses of a COVID19 vaccine? If no, please provide further detail regarding doses received, booking dates and/or other relevant information.
- Essential : The successful candidate must hold, or be prepared to undergo, an employee Working with Children Check (WWCC). Please advise if you currently hold an employee WWCC, if not are you willing to undergo one?
Contact Joanne Pegg, Nurse Unit Manager Special Care Nursery, on 5320 4982 for a confidential discussion
Please note that this position will close at 11:45pm on the closing date.
Please ensure your application is added before this time as we do not accept late applications.
If you want to stay updated from different job then stay connected with us. https://www.boardofjobs.com/