About this role
Data & AI-Data Operations (DO) is entrusted with maintaining all data integral to the investment decision process, for BlackRock the Investment Manager and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) business In our proprietary Aladdin® end-to-end investment platform. DO closely partners with other teams such as Portfolio Management, Global Capital Markets, Relationship Management, Portfolio Compliance, Risk Analytics, Regulatory Reporting, and others, to ensure their business data needs are met accurately, timely, and efficiently.
The Data & AI philosophy is anchored on BlackRock’s cornerstone principles: Innovation, Fiduciary focus, Passion for Performance, and the unified purpose of One BlackRock. Through that lens, we strive to build value for our clients by understanding their needs, the markets, and using technology to create best in class solutions. As distributed team, Data & AI has presence across 8 countries servicing more than $17 trillion in AUM on Aladdin for BlackRock and BRS clients.
- Deliver Premium Client Experience – understand the Investment management process and how Aladdin clients use Green Package data for their daily processes! Candidate should use the knowledge to engage with BlackRock’s clients to handle expectations for data quality and align the team’s support with the clients’ investment process
- Project Management – engage with multi-functional teams to think creatively and deliver innovative solutions to Aladdin clients. Ability to contribute towards strategic projects for the business, data & technology projects targeting inefficiencies & automation
- Teamwork -Collaborate with groups within the function, Engineering teams to perform project specific quality checks. Redesigning quality check process to identify impact worthy events and provide critical user input for modification of scripts to generate quality analytics
- Technical Expertise -Use technical skills to ensure the accuracy of large analytical data sets, automate processes with scripts and efficiently query information from a vast database.
- Subject Matter Expert- Develop deep grasp of the green package production! Work with people across on initiatives for Data Operations. Partner with the groups across the firm to understand, test, and implement modelling changes across the platform.
- Innovate- Initiate and drive platform and process innovations to support new business needs, minimize risk, enhance quality, and navigate the changing markets.
- BTech + MBA/PGDBA from reputed institute with good knowledge of analytical concepts. BTech + CFA (level 2) will be a preferred candidature.
- 3 – 6 years of experience in FI modeling, valuation and analytics
- Excellent problem-solving, critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design provide solutions to implement change.
- Knowledge of financial products in Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives, and familiarity with Risk analytics such as Durations, Spread, Beta and VaR would be an advantage.
- Be a ‘Student of the Markets and Technology’ by following the global markets to understand how macro-economic factors can affect the analytics and harness the technology to seek critical problems.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.